Here are a few obvious and not so obvious signs!
All roofs eventually reach the end of their life span despite years of careful maintenance. If you notice that your roof looks old and worn and you find yourself doing a lot of preventative maintenance, it might be time for a new roof.
Here are some signs to be aware of that might indicate it’s time to replace your roof.
- Shingle edges are cracked, curled or buckled.
- There are bald spots where granules are missing.
- Your roof is over 20 years old and just looks old and worn.
- There is obvious moss on the roof indicating there may be trapped moisture.
- The neighbors are getting new roofs. Homes built around the same time can wear out in the same timeframe.
- You have a droopy, sagging roof with signs of rotting boards, or sagging spots—especially at the lowest points in the roof.
Checking your own home improvement records gives you a good overview of your roof’s history including installation and repairs. This can make it clear to you that it is time to replace the roof.
Contact Royal Crown Roofing to discuss your options. We have years of experience and offer a full range of commercial and residential roofing services, from new roof installation to roof repairs and more. Our roofing contractors are highly skilled, up-to-date in the latest roofing technologies, and knowledgeable about the best roofing materials to suit your repair and replacement needs. We look forward to discussing your roofing needs and sharing our expertise with you.